Bubu sat down and made Cyanogenmod Gingerbread Android 2.3 working in his spare time. This is a proof of concept so don’t expect too much.
- SGX/EGL 3D acceleration
- Android Market
- accelerated Video decoding
- TS calibration on A28/A32/A43
- general instability / random crashes
- Touchscreen has problems on the A101
- hard to use on resistive TS models due to missing calibration
We’re looking for help to take this further. As this can’t be done by one person alone.
If you want to try it. It currently works on gen8 with latest openAOS boot menu:
You need to gunzip and copy it into the root directory of your device, then add it to your menu.lst.
Sources are here:
(Currently this is only vendor/archos/gen8 and device/archos/gen8, so you need to first “clone” the master branch of CyanogenMod)
Join us on IRC if you want to have a chat about it. This also has potential for the A5IT/A48IT but it needs volunteers that will help to make that happen.